Send a Demand Letter and Get Paid!
Effectively get back the money you are owed through a demand letter for payment.
Answer simple questions and send a customized demand letter in 10 minutes!
Why do you need to send a demand letter?
If any of these describe your situation, get started now!
- Someone borrowed money or I paid for them in advance but they didn't pay me back.
- I was not paid for the product or service (project, work, or job) I provided.
- They agreed to provide a service (project, work, or job), but it was not completed as promised.
- I paid for a product, but it isn't as promised, or I never received it.
- My tenants/roommate did not pay rent/utilities as agreed.
- The landlord did not return the security deposit as expected.
Avoid Court with a Demand Letter
Custom & Effective
Use a professionally written and customized demand letter for payment to show that you are serious, and will take them to court if they don’t pay.
Fast & Affordable
Easy & Convenient
It’s as Easy as
Provide details, such as how much money you are owed, who owes you the money, and when it happened.
Customize your letter by choosing how you want to be paid and deciding when you must be paid.
Send your letter via certified mail, complete with tracking. No printing or going to the post office.
Creating the letter is free, preview before you pay.
Print & Mail
Certified Mail® Confirmed Delivery
Tracking & Delivery Notifications
Priority Email Support
Meet Court Requirements*
*Some courts require proof a formal demand before filing.
Send a Demand Letter for Payment
When someone owes you money, the first step is to send them a formal letter asking for it, commonly known as a demand letter. In many situations, disputes can be settled just by sending the letter.
A custom demand letter for payment includes the important facts. It explains why the other party owes you money, how much they owe, and warns them that legal action will be taken if they don’t pay. It’s a serious message that puts pressure on them to resolve the dispute so they can avoid going to court.
5 EFFECTIVE WAYS TO SEND A DEMAND LETTER ➜
What makes JusticeDirect's demand letters different from others?
- Customizable: You can customize your letter by answering simple questions about your case.
- Professional: It is written in a professional format that the other party will be more likely to take seriously.
- Fast: It usually takes 10 minutes to create a customized letter from your phone or computer.
- Affordable: Building the letter is free, or you can have us print and send it through certified mail with tracking with a single click.
Is a demand letter something to take seriously?
Do I have to send a demand letter before I take someone to court?
Why should I send the letter through USPS certified mail?
- When you send a document through certified mail, the other party will take the matter seriously. It also comes with a tracking number, so you can confirm that they received it.
- In some courts, you may need proof that you made a formal demand before you can take legal action, and some may require that you send that demand through certified mail.
What happens if a demand letter is ignored?
If the person receiving the demand letter does not respond or refuses to pay you, you can take legal action against them. This means you can sue them in court to get your money back.
If the amount you’re owed is within the Small Claims limit set by your state, you can file a case in Small Claims Court. If you are filing a case in California, you can use JusticeDirect!
What if the other party doesn’t speak English?
If the other party doesn’t speak English, you can create your demand letter in Spanish with JusticeDirect.
Want to learn more?
Check out these resources!