JusticeDirect logo

You were sued at the wrong location.

“Venue” refers to the specific court in which your case is heard, whereas “Jurisdiction” refers to the state and county in which the lawsuit is filed. It is up to the person suing you to sue you in the right court. If you believe you were sued in the wrong court or jurisdiction, you can dispute the venue of your case.

If you were sued at the wrong location, you have two options:

1. Dispute in Person

Go to court on the day of your trial hearing and request that the case be dismissed.

2. Dispute by Mail

Write to the court explaining why you think the claim was brought to the wrong court. Be sure to send a copy to the other parties.

To ensure your request is brought to a judge, file a Request for Court Order and Answer, also known as an SC-105. Fill out this form to tell the court you were sued in the improper venue and why you believe so. You must serve copies of this request on everyone else involved in the case. The opposing side gets the chance to tell his or her side of the issue using the “Answer” on the second page of the SC-105 form.

Take action, get started on JusticeDirect.com


The quest for justice is never easy, particularly when it comes to getting your money back. However, thanks to advances in technology, it has become easier. Quest for Justice’s first app, JusticeDirect, is the only app of its kind designed to support people without lawyers to resolve their disputes and get their money back, both in and out of court.

The first step to getting money back is through a letter demanding payment from the other party JusticeDirect offers customizable demand letters for free. If the letter demanding payment does not work, then the next step is taking them to court.

JusticeDirect* will guide users every step of the way through the small claims court process by helping them:

  1. Understand the legal process;
  2. Evaluate the pros and cons that come with taking someone to court;
  3. Generate small claims court forms; and,
  4. Avoid common mistakes when filing your forms and serving notice on the other side.

*Currently, JusticeDirect can only help litigants sue in California’s small claims court.

%d bloggers like this: